After two sessions dedicated to image, Post Break, the free webinar series of the Post New York Alliance (PNYA), will focus on sound in the third and final installment of its series on editorial turnover. Harbor Picture Company Sound Editor Dan Timmons and award-winning Sound Supervisor Roman Chimienti will join moderator Ben Baker for an in-depth discussion on sound post-production and offer advice to assistant editors on how to guide projects while throughout the final mix.
Scheduled for Thursday, March 17and at 4:00 a.m. EDT, Turnover to sound | Part III, will provide assistant editors with the information they need to succeed in this crucial phase of post-production. This is a session not to be missed for anyone aspiring to work on film or television projects in a New York editorial department. Register here.
- Dan Timmons, sound editor, Harbor Picture Company, is an MPEG member and twice nominated for the MPSE Golden Reel Awards. He also received Emmy nominations for his work on Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief and What happened, Miss Simone? Her credits also include the long-running HBO documentary prisoner foreverwho made extensive use of archival media, and Hale county this morning, tonight. Timmons is an expert in Dolby Atmos sound design and editing from both Avid and Adobe Premiere. It offers insight into the crossover between Avid and Pro Tools, as well as working remotely in sound with producers and directors.
- Roman Chimienti is an award-winning sound designer, editor and mixer based in New York City. Experienced in sound post-production for entertainment and commercials, he has handled sound design, editing and mixing for commercials, branded content, documentaries, TV series, short films and feature films. His credits include the acclaimed documentaries Ride the Clown and Madonna and the Breakfast Club, plus Shudder Network exclusives Fortunate and Drop Dead Gorgeous. He also produced and directed Scream, queen! My nightmare on Elm Street, a 2020 documentary feature that received multiple awards and nominations.
- Ben Baker has over 22 years of experience in visual effects and post-production in Australia, the UK and, for the past 12 years, the USA. He has experience as a post-producer, appearance supervisor and department head at Framestore, London, and as a vice president at Vice and HBO. Always working on the cutting edge of production technology (with the scars to prove it), he’s also a board member of the Post New York Alliance.
For the past 18 months, Baker has focused on virtual production, completing the Epic Games Unreal Fellowship in March 2021, consulting for studios, networks, and build clients through Next Gen Production. He is currently Executive Producer of the Entertainment Technology [email protected]’s latest R&D short, FATHEAD, in production on a volume stage in Los Angeles.
- When: Thursday, March 17, 2021, 4:00 p.m. EDT
- Title: Back to Sound Part III
Or join us on Clubhouse: t.ly/uVl4
Post Break’s Turnover Series Parts I and II are available here: https://www.postnewyork.org/blogpost/1859636/Post-Break
Sound recordings of all past Post Break sessions are available here: https://www.postnewyork.org/page/PNYApodcasts
Past Post Break sessions as a video blog are available here: https://www.postnewyork.org/blogpost/1859636/Post-Break
About the Post New York Alliance (PNYA)
The Post New York Alliance (PNYA) is an association of film and television post-production facilities, unions, and postal professionals operating in New York State. PNYA’s goal is to create jobs by: 1) expanding and improving New York State’s tax incentive program; 2) advancing the services provided by the New York Post Production industry; and 3) create avenues for a diverse talent pool to enter the industry.